Hello and Introduction

>> Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hello! My name is Mark Hutchins and I wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about me and my intentions for this blog.

First: I am a young evangelical home-schooled guy who has many opinions, loves to debate and discuss a wide range of issues (politics, culture, economics, practical theology, organics, coffee, you name it). But I am acutely aware of my shortcomings in knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Part of the reasoning for starting this blog is to get my thoughts out and hopefully receive feedback that will help me to grow both in knowledge, understanding, and presentation.

Second: pursuant to my personal desire to grow in wisdom and understanding, I would like to do what I can to spread truth as I know it. I won't always be right on everything, but that doesn't and shouldn't keep me or anybody else from proclaiming truth as we know it. I believe our culture is not one that values truth in any sphere of life, preferring moral relativism. Moral relativism is a disease, directly contrary to God's word and deadly.

My motto is "Veritas Supra Omnis" which in essence means "above all truth," or "truth above all." My desire for my my life and my blog is above all to live and proclaim the truth of God's word, esteeming above all else that which I know to be truly honoring and obedient to God and His revealed Word.

This blog will not be confined to lofty spiritual matters. I love the nitty-gritty of politics and am just as likely to post about the state of the presidential and congressional races from a purely editorial perspective as I am to post on a theological matter, perhaps more so. Sometimes I might post about something that has happened in my life. We’ll just have to see, but for now I hope you understand where I am coming from and what my ultimate aim is.

I pray that I will be faithful in holding to these principles and that through my faithfulness God will be glorified. Comments, whether they be assenting or dissenting, are welcome.

God bless and veritas supra omnis!





Mark

6 comments:

Sarah October 2, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

You finally did it! Harrah for you! Great intro, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Oh, and uh, take note that *I* am the first to comment. :)

veritassupraomnis2008 October 2, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

"Oh, and uh, take note that *I* am the first to comment."

So written, so noted. :-)

Brittany Cronin October 2, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

I guess I'll be second. ;)

I love the title. I always enjoy reading either your editorial or your opinion pieces. Even though we don't always agree, I always have lots of good, interesting things to think about after talking to you or reading your posts. :)

Jordan Cronin October 2, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Good to see you in the blogosphere, Mark. Looking forward to future posts.

Daniel Gilman October 3, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

I'm proud of you Mark! I'm looking forward to learning from and discussing with you as you post on theology to the nitty-gritty of life this is going. As you wrote, "My desire for my my life and my blog is above all to live and proclaim the truth of God’s word." Me too! Me too! So God bless you and guide you as you go for it! Veritas Supra Omnis!

Stephanie October 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Very neat! Welcome to the blogging world. I hope you enjoy your stay. ;) All silliness aside: "My desire for my my life and my blog is above all to live and proclaim the truth of God’s word, esteeming above all else that which I know to be truly honoring and obedient to God and His revealed Word." Amen, brother! Amen!

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP