"Tears of the Saints"

>> Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hello all!  

Here is a video I wanted to share with y’all.  It’s really powerful!  It definitely leaves one thinking…what can/should I be doing that I am not doing?   Most people have a mindset of “Oh, I’m just one person and I can’t do that much, so why even try.”   But, we forget that God has used individuals to affect massive change many times before, so what makes us so sure He won’t use us?  And, even if you don’t become a tremendously successful missionary or head of a large and influential mission’s organization, is it okay to ignore or nominally obey our clear call to reach the nations by one means or another? 

God is pleased by a person faithfully supporting missionaries with prayer and money, among other things, if that is His calling for that person.  But, so few of us test the extent of God’s calling for our lives in any area, much less in the area of missions, so we never fully realize our potential to be used of God to perform great works if that be His will.   We should never be content to get by with what is culturally acceptable regarding missions.  We should seek fully and sincerely God’s will for our lives. 

A few verses to meditate on: John 15:16, Matthew 4:19, 6:24 28:19, Luke 10:2,, Acts 1:8 Romans 10:15, Philippians 2:13,  James 1:27.

Here is the link. http://xeoncross.tumblr.com/post/173976518/tears-of-the-saints?ref=nf

I wanted to embed the video but wordpress didn’t seem to like the host website. 

Be sure to watch the video!

 

God Bless and Veritas Supra Omnis!

1 comments:

Hillary August 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

I have a big long thought about this.

I am quite familiar with missions and what it takes to be a missionary which in essence is complete devotion to God and a calling that only He can give for you to serve on the mission field. I was wondering though if the passage in John is true

"6:44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

or even the Romans passage you brought up the other day

1:20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Why exactly are we missionaries anyhow? If God wants them He will get them and you can bet He does not need our help to accomplish that purpose.

I found the video very thought provoking especially since I have been thinking on this for... well ever since we talked about God loving everyone and you brought up the verse I quoted earlier. Often I think we focus SO much on the "great commission" that we forget the core of the commission itself; Christ. We have the great commission, but why is it so great above the other commands Christ gave us? I am not trying to be a pain and I am really just thinking out loud but I found this an interesting thought and for once I even have an answer, but you will have to wait until the end for it! :-P

Back to the video, I will be honest, I have seen videos of that nature before and every time I want to jump on a plane and DO SOMETHING! I want to go I want to change the world, I want to love those children that were alone in that room, I want to tell that woman the truth. This video was not exception and my heart wants to make a difference. (don't we all?!)

One thing though...

I Corinthians 1:26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.

I think the key here is the word "called". Some were called to the mission field and I am 100% behind them! It is a very honored calling to preach the word of God under harsh circumstances. However it is no higher than loving your baby sister who needs her worth affirmed in what is in her heart. It is no higher than homeschooling your siblings and raising them up in the love and admonition of the Lord.

I think you get my point,

I think that in our christian culture today we can almost glamorize the mission field a little bit.
Basically in most churches if you have not been on at least a short term missions trip either you are not serious about your walk with God or you have ultra controlling parents! :-P

I think short term missions are great (dad and I are praying about Mexico BTW) but it all boils down to one thing.

"O.B.E.D.I.E.N.C.E"
(gotta love that song!)

Seriously though, if God tells you to go to the mission field than you had BETTER go!
If He tells you to love your sister and teach your younger siblings then you had better do it with every ounce you have!

Ultimately I think that the answer is simply to" Obey" the specific calling God has given to you.
He says Go, you Go.
He says Stay, you Stay.

All that said... feel free to disagree and I am open to further thoughts. I am still hashing this out and I am not willing quite yet, to die on anything I said in this but I am getting there!

Oh dear I just read over this and ummm I am not quite as passionate about this as I sound in writing... I am more just thoughtful...lol!

:D

Whew!

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP